Skip to content
Join our Newsletter

Blaze Rips Through Bath Beach Apartment, Firefighters Injured

Two firefighting crew members were injured during the incident.

An all-hands fire tore through a Bath Beach apartment building on Sunday night after a resident said she dropped a candle inside her apartment. The fire broke out on the second floor of a six-story building at 8714 21st Ave. just before 7:30pm, according to the New York City Fire Department. As firefighters arrived on the scene, residents fled the building holding personal items, clothes and pets. A team of 60 firefighters quickly deployed two hose lines to battle the thick smoke and flames rolling out of the second floor. Click here to read more on