Join Brooklyn Borough President Eric L. Adams on Thursday, February 25th at 6:00 PM, for a free Black History Month celebration acknowledge the borough's local historymakers!
This year's keynote speaker is Colvin W. Grannum, president and CEO of Bedford-Stuyvesant Restoration Corporation. There will be dance, music, poetry, and a special recognition of some of Brooklyn's most esteemed lead influencers!
This year's awardees include:
- Quardean Lewis-Allen (Brownsville), founder/executive director of creative service non-profit Made in Brownsville (MiB)
- Sophie Harris (Coney Island), founder/executive director of Art's House Schools of Music, Dance & Fine Art
- Jamie Hector (Crown Heights), actor and founder of inner-city youth theater organization "Moving Mountains"
- Catherine A. Green (East New York), founder/executive director of ARTs East New York (AENY)
- Shirley Maye-Washington (East New York), retired executive director of Central Brooklyn Economic Development Corporation (CBEDC)
- Mary Bell-Downes, M.Ed, BS, BA, RN (Flatbush), president of Kings County Hospital, New York State Nurses Association (NYSNA)
- Anaya Lee Williams (Mill Basin), nine-year-old published author of "The Day Mohan Found His Confidence"
WHAT: Brooklyn Borough President Eric L. Adams Presents "Black History Month 2016"
WHEN: Thursday, February 25, 6:00pm - 9:00pm
WHERE: Brooklyn Borough Hall, 209 Joralemon Street