When it comes to keeping kids entertained and active, Brooklyn has some of the best playgrounds around. From traditional swing sets and slides to unique climbing structures and splash pads, these top 5 children's playgrounds in Brooklyn offer something for every child to enjoy.
- Zucker Natural Exploration Area in Prospect Park - Located in the heart of Prospect Park, this new playground is a favorite among families in Brooklyn. The playground features open-ended play areas created with reclaimed wood for imaginative play. The playground is often crowded on weekends, but the social scene is friendly and welcoming.
- Main Street Park at Brooklyn Bridge Park - Situated on the waterfront in DUMBO, the Brooklyn Bridge Park Playground is a stunning outdoor space with beautiful views of the Manhattan skyline. The playground features a large boat-themed play structure and plenty of swings and slides. The playground can get crowded during peak times, but the views and atmosphere make it worth the trip.
- McGolrick Park Playground - Located in Greenpoint, this playground is a hidden gem that offers plenty of space for kids to run and play. The playground features two play areas for different age-groups, both with new safety surface, regular swings and a spray shower. It also has café tables and seating and new gated entryways throughout the playground. The playground is usually less crowded than other popular spots in Brooklyn.
- Owl's Head Park Playground - Located in Bay Ridge, Owl's Head Park Playground is a spacious and well-maintained outdoor space. The playground is sensory-friendly and features a variety of play areas, including water features and tactile play structures. The playground can get busy on weekends, but there is plenty of space for kids to explore and play.
- Pier 6 Playground - Another playground located in Brooklyn Bridge Park, Pier 6 Playground is a must-visit for families with young children. The playground features a variety of unique play areas, including a water lab, swing valley, slide mountain and sandbox village. The playground can get crowded during peak times, but the social scene is welcoming and friendly.
These top 5 children's playgrounds in Brooklyn offer a wide range of play areas and equipment for kids of all ages. Whether you're looking for a spacious outdoor space or a stunning waterfront playground, these spots are sure to impress.