The Brooklyn Bridge will be closed Manhattan-bound on Saturday from 12:01 am to 7 am and Sunday from 12:01 am to 11 am. Motorists will be detoured to the nearby Manhattan Bridge or may choose other crossings.
The upper level of the Verrazano-Narrows Bridge will be closed from 9 pm Friday to 7 am Saturday. Motorists can use the lower level. Commercial vehicles carrying hazardous materials and over-height vehicles must use an alternate route.
The Ninth Street Bridge over the Gowanus Canal will be closed in both directions from 6 am to 6 pm on Saturday and Sunday for installation of a sprinkler system to reduce heat-related expansion. The Hamilton Avenue Bridge and the Third Street Bridge may be used as alternatives.
The Bayonne Bridge will be closed from 11:59 pm Friday to 4 pm Sunday for a Port Authority long term navigational clearance project. Motorists should use the Goethals Bridge as an alternate.
The Gowanus Expressway inbound/northbound exit ramp to 38th Street will be closed from 1 pm Friday to 5 am Monday to facilitate NY State DOT roadway rehabilitation work. Motorists should use the prior 3rd Avenue exit and follow the posted detour.
Mulberry Street between Canal Street and Broome Street and Hester Street between Mott Street and Baxter Street will be closed Friday, Saturday and Sunday from 5:30 pm to 9 pm for the Little Italy Pedestrian Mall.
The following streets will be closed on Saturday:
* 6th Avenue between 42nd Street and 56th Street in Manhattan will be closed from11 am to 6 pm for the Ancient Order of Hibernians Street Festival.
* Gouverneur Street between Madison Street and Water Street in Manhattan will be closed from noon to 6 pm for the I'm Not Afraid to Lift You Up Stickball Classic.
* West 135th Street between 5th Avenue and St. Nicholas Avenue and Lenox Terrace Place between 135th Street and 134th Street in Manhattan will be closed from noon to 7 pm for the Harlem Week Festival.
* Bathgate Avenue between Cross Bronx Expressway and Claremont Parkway in the Bronx will be closed from 11 am to 5 pm for the International Hip Hop Parade.
* Buhre Avenue between Crosby Avenue and Jarvis Avenue in the Bronx will be closed from noon to 5 pm for the DOT Weekend Walks Pelham Bay Merchants Association.
The following streets will be closed on Sunday:
* The following streets in Manhattan will be closed from 12:30 pm to 3:30 pm for the Federation of Indian Association Parade and Festival: Madison Avenue between 38th Street and 23rd Street; 37th Street and 38th Street between 5th Avenue and Park Avenue; 27th Street between Madison Avenue and Park Avenue.
* Madison Avenue between 42nd Street and 55th Street in Manhattan will be closed from 11 am to 6 pm for the Daytop Madison Avenue Festival.
* Fulton Street between Water Street and Gold Street in Manhattan will be closed from noon to 6 pm for the Community Board #1 NYC Business Expo Street Festival.
* Myrtle Avenue between Fresh Pond Road and Forest Avenue in Queens will be closed from noon to 6 pm for the Myrtle Avenue Festival.
* Shore Boulevard between Astoria Park South and Ditmars Boulevard Avenue in Queens will be closed from 1 pm to 6:30 pm for the DOT Weekend Walks Astoria Park Strolls.
* Grand Concourse between 165th Street and 167th Street in the Bronx will be closed from 10 am to 2 pm for the DOT Weekend Walks Boogie on the Boulevard.