Planning your Thanksgiving menu, but you're ready to try something different?
Why not start with a slight spin on a traditional dish that is both healthy, delicious and easy to prepare? This green salad makes a great accompaniment to roast veggies and a roast turkey -- or pretty much anything else to be honest!
Pistachio, Farro and Kale Salad Recipe
- 205 cal
- 10 g fat (2 g sat)
- 16 g carbs
- 47 mg sodium
- 3 g fiber
- 1 g sugar
- 5 g protein
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
- 1 cup farro
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2/3 cup toasted pistachios
- 1/3 cup parsley
- 3 stalks celery, finely chopped
- 2 cups kale, shredded
- In a pot over medium heat, simmer the farro and five cups water for 25 to 30 minutes until the farro is softened but still slightly chewy. Drain in a colander and rinse with cold water to cool.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the crushed garlic, mustard, olive oil and vinegar. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a larger bowl, combine the pistachios, shredded kale, chopped parsley and celery. Toss with the dressing and serve.
For more recipes from Carmen, visit everylastbite.com.