For the ultimate easy, fast and cheap Christmas Day dessert (or all-day snack) look no further than these smooth chocolate truffles.
The sweet and creamy balls are only three ingredients, plus whatever coating you may want to use, and hardly require any dirty work -- in other words, they're the perfect addition to this year's Christmas.
This recipe takes about 15 minutes, plus two hours of refrigeration, and yields approximately 48 truffles.
- 3 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 14-ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Optional coatings: Chocolate sprinkles, cocoa, espresso powder and cacao nibs
- Melt chocolate chips and condensed milk in a microwave
- Stir until smooth and stir in vanilla
- Cover the mixture and refrigerate for 2 hours or until firm enough to roll
- Shape into 1-inch balls and roll in coatings as desired