BRIC is delighted to announce the Opening Night Gala to kick off the 37th season of the Celebrate Brooklyn! Performing Arts Festival on Wednesday, June 3, honoring David Berliner during a sunset dinner and fundraiser, followed by an opening night concert with Chaka Khan (free to the public)!
"Queen of Funk" Chaka Khan is an international music icon who has won ten Grammys and released 22 albums during her 40-year career and is celebrated around the world for her timeless and influential musical ability. She has collaborated with some of the most revered artists of the last five decades including Stevie Wonder, Ray Charles, Gladys Knight, Miles Davis, Mary J. Blige and Quincy Jones, among many others. Touching on many genres including R&B, jazz, pop, rock, gospel, country and classical, Chaka will set the Bandshell on fire with her burning soul/funk grooves and soaring vocals that touch the sky!
David Berliner is the Chief Operating Officer of Forest City Ratner Companies and a passionate supporter of the arts and art in public places. Mr. Berliner's (and Forest City's) long-standing friendship with BRIC began in 1992 with Forest City's first development in Brooklyn, One Pierrepont Plaza, which housed BRIC's Rotunda Gallery as its cultural component.
At Forest City Ratner, Mr. Berliner is responsible for overall corporate leadership and optimizing the diverse operating portfolio of the firm, which owns and operates 34 commercial, retail and residential properties in the New York metropolitan area. A successful negotiator and problem-solver and a respected leader, Mr. Berliner has been integral to the growth and success of Forest City Ratner since joining the firm in 1989.
WHAT: BRIC's Opening Night Gala Fundraiser and Free Concert
WHEN: Wednesday, June 3, 2015
- 5:30pm Cocktails & Dinner
- 7:00pm Award Presentation to David Berliner in the Gala Tent
- 8:15pm Opening Night Concert with Chaka Khan (free to the public). Gates will open at 6:30pm.
- 10:00pm After Party with DJ Raydar Ellis
- 11:30pm The End
WHERE: Prospect Park Bandshell, Enter at 9th Street and Prospect Park West
- Summer Cocktail Attire suggested for the Gala.
- Free parking is available for Gala guests at the Bartel Lot at 15th Street and Prospect Park West. Ride your bike and park at our Bike Valet at 11th Street and Prospect Park West.
- Tickets are not required for the Chaka Khan concert, which is free and open to the public.