The Volunteer Income Tax Preparation Program (VITA) offers free tax preparation services to credit union members and community residents. This year, there are seven locations throughout Central Brooklyn where you can file at no cost to you!
- 834 Dekalb Avenue Brooklyn, NY 11221 (corner of Throop Avenue)
- 1012 Gates Avenue, Brooklyn 11221 corner of Broadway
- 519 Rockaway Avenue, Brooklyn, 11212 (btwn Belmont & Sutter)
- 790 Broadway Brooklyn, 11206 (btwn Marcus Garvey & Ellery St)
- 315 Grove Street, Brooklyn NY 11237 (btwn Myrtle & Knickerbocker)
- 1 Hillel Place, Brooklyn 11210, 3rd Floor Walk-up (corner of Flatbush Ave & Hillel Pl; across from Dallas BBQ)
- 195 Graham Avenue, Brooklyn, NY 11206 (btwn Scholes and Maujer)
What to Bring:
- Government-issued photo ID
- Social Security (or ITIN) cards for yourself and all individuals on your return.
- All W-2 forms, 1099-R, etc.
- Documentation of higher education expenses, including tuition paid, loans received, student loan interest payments, and student fees.
- Child care expenses, provider information and tax ID number.
- Bank account number/routing (ABA) number for direct deposit.