The Brooklyn Reader is always accepting resumes for interns and experienced writers!
The Brooklyn Reader is a leading online hyperlocal daily newsmagazine covering the neighborhoods of Central and East Brooklyn. The Brooklyn Reader is a subsidiary of The Original Media Group, 3-times MWBE-certified to do business with the City of New York. The Brooklyn Reader is certified through Google News as a verified news source (NOT a blog).
Seeking interns for temp-to-possible-permanent positions. 10-week internships open NOW, 20 hours/week in one the following areas:
- Social Media Management
- Digital Publishing (learn how to run a hyper-local news site)
Learn the inside of the online hyperlocal news business. Get published. Work from home. Build your work experience in the fastest-growing area of media publishing covering the fast-growing city in the country: BROOKLYN!
Interested interns, send your resume to [email protected]. Writers, please include 3 recent writing samples or links.
Seeking experienced freelance writers with a degree in journalism and at least two years of writing experience; at least four years of writing experience with no journalism degree; and recent journalism school grads with 0-1 years of experience can also apply for the 10-week internship (see above) for possible permanent position upon completion.
- Investigative, Beat and Lifestyle Reporters needed to complete story assignments; quick turnaround
- $50/ 400- 600-word stories; $75/ 600-900/word stories; $100/ 900 – 1,200-word stories
- Minimum 1 assignment/week; Maximum 5 assignments/week; step-pay increases every 50 assignments completed and published
- Must have working laptop and camera