Brooklyn Community Board 2 (CB2) announced today the dates and locations of its January-June 2015 general meetings. All of the meetings are scheduled for 6:00 pm on the second Wednesday of the month. The community board’s winter and spring meetings, which are open to the public, will be held as follows:
▪ Wednesday, January 13 – Brooklyn Friends Upper School, 116 Lawrence Street
▪ Wednesday, February 10 – Actors Fund Art Center, 160 Schermerhorn Street
▪ Wednesday, March 9 – BAM Fisher Building, 321 Ashland Place
▪ Wednesday, April 13 – Pratt Institute, Higgins Hall, 61 St. James Place
▪ Wednesday, May 11 – Ingersoll Community Center, 177 Myrtle Avenue
▪ Wednesday, June 8 – St. Ann’s Warehouse, The Studio, 45 Water Street
Community Board 2 will meeting for the first time at three locations, two of which opened just this year; the Upper School of the Brooklyn Friends School and The Studio at St. Ann’s Warehouse. CB2 will also meet for the first time in the Actors Fund Art Center, located in The Schermerhorn. The community board is grateful to all of its hosts for providing public meeting space to the agency.
Presentations on issues and projects in the community district are made prior to board business. The meeting agendas also include reports by Shirley A. McRae, chairperson of Community Board 2, District Manager Robert Perris, and the community board’s committees. The meeting concludes with an open session at which time the public may speak.
Community Board 2 serves the neighborhoods of Boerum Hill, Bridge Plaza, Brooklyn Heights, the Brooklyn Navy Yard, Clinton Hill, Downtown Brooklyn, Dumbo, Farragut, Fort Greene, Fulton Ferry Landing, Vinegar Hill and Wallabout.