1. Alternate Side Parking (Street Cleaning) regulations are suspended on Monday, January 26 and Tuesday, January 27, due to the expected blizzard and snow. Meters and all other parking regulations will remain in effect during these times.
2. Weather:Winter Storm Juno is on its way up the East Coast and is expected to bring severe weather drop large amounts of snow on eight states, including New York.
Join Bedford Stuyvesant Restoration Corporation and Greenlight Bookstore for an evening with ballet icon Misty Copeland as she discusses her book, Life In Motion: an Unlikely Ballerina.The event is schedule for Monday, January 26, 7:00pm at Restoration Plaza, located at 1368 Fulton Street. Alert! This event has been postponed!!! Stay tuned into The Brooklyn Reader for an update!
4. Please join Brooklyn Borough President Eric L. Adams as he invites all Brooklynites to meet and greet Sue Donoghue, the new President of the Prospect Park Alliance. Come out on Wednesday, January 28, 7:00pm, to the Picnic House, located at 40 Prospect Park West Drive to hear Sue’s vision for the park and participate in a Q&A session with the new President.
5. The first general meeting for the Brooklyn Pride 2015 season will take place on Wednesday, January 28, at 6:30pm. The meeting will be held at Brooklyn Borough Hall, 209 Joralemon Street in the first floor Community Room.
6. New York City Council Member Laurie A. Cumbo Presents: FY 2016 Budget Workshop. Organizations are invited to attend one of two in-depth budget workshops on how to successfully navigate the fiscal year 2016 discretionary funding application process. RSVP is required to attend either of the following sessions in Brooklyn: Friday, January 30, 2015, 6:00pm – 8:00pm, Pratt Institute “Higgins Hall”, 61 St. James Place, or Tuesday, February 3, 2015, 6:00pm – 8:00pm, Medgar Evers College, 1650 Bedford Avenue.
*Please note, due to the impending blizzard, Winter Storm Juno, some of the above listed events may be canceled. Please check into The Brooklyn Reader’s social media channels (Facebook and Twitter) for updates on their status.