1. Alternate side of the street parking and parking meter regulations are in full effect this week
2. Weather This Week: Warm and rainy today, Monday, with temperatures reaching the high 50s. Wintery cold weather the rest of the week, with temperatures in the 30s to 40s.
3. Visit Brooklyn Borough Hall on Tuesday, November 18 to listen as “The City Speaks“, our second forum that is bringing residents and agencies together in order to learn about the policies and guidelines of the services that they provide. Meet with representatives from the NYC Department of Transportation, in order to learn more about street light outages, speed bump requests, installation of stop signs and traffic lights, sidewalk issues and Vision Zero.
4. Don’t forget to check out the next Brooklyn Trivia Night, hosted by the Brookyn Reader and the Bed-Stuy Gateway BID, taking place this Tuesday, November 18, at Rick’s Lounge! Come on out for some lighthearted quizzing on the world’s best borough (and your home) for a chance to win a $40 voucher for a drink and a meal at one of the BID’s participating restaurants.
5. Take the “A” train – or any other mode of transportation – to Brooklyn Borough Hall on Wednesday, November 19 to apply for a reduced-fare Metrocard. NYC Transit representatives will be on hand to assist seniors and those with qualifying disabilities to obtain this important service.
6. On Wednesday November 19, at 7:00pm, The Billie Holiday Theatre’s Film Series Presents: My Brooklyn A film by Kelly Anderson and Allison Lirish Dean. Tickets $10
Panel discussion to follow featuring: Councilman Robert Cornegy, District 36 Council Member ; Shana Jackson, Owner Weecreatebk; Michael Lambert, Executive Director BedStuy Bid; Dominique Morisseau; Playwright Morgan Munsey, Realtor/Historian Wayne Winborne; BHT Board Chairman. Moderated by Colvin W. Grannum, President