Brooklyn Breastfeeding Empowerment Zone and By My Side Birth Support Program, as a part of Healthy Start Brooklyn, announces the next Community Doula Training!
The next class will begin January 27-30, 2015. The free training will prepare Bed Stuy and Brownsville residents to provide support to expectant families during and after birth. This class provides national certification and a new skill that is growing in demand!
During the four‐day training, the following topics will be discussed:
- Prenatal care and nutrition
- Providing emotional and physical support
- Pain management
- Should reside in or near Bedford Stuyvesant or Brownsville (CD#3 or CD#16)
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must be reliable and committed to serving others
- Must be an excellent communicator
- Must commit to attending four (4) two‐hour continuing education classes, to be held bi‐ weekly following the training
Applications are due Thursday, November 21, 2014.
For a complete list of requirements please follow this link: