1. Alternate side of the street parking regulations and all metered parking are in full effect all week.
2. This week, a few showers expected throughout the week, with temperatures between the high 60s and high 70s.
3. Monday, May 12, will be the “Welcome to my Bed-Stuy Tour,” conceptualized by Council member Robert E. Cornegy, Jr. This one of a kind tour will tell the cultural history of Bed-Stuy and include stops at Bedford Stuyvesant Restoration Corporation, Fulton Park, Boys and Girls High School, Macon Branch Library, Akwabba Mansion, Von King Cultural Center, Magnolia Tree Earth Center, Black Veterans Center and Weeksville Heritage Center. The tour bus will leave from Restoration Plaza at 10:00am and end at Weeksville Heritage Center at 12:00pm. Directly following the tour there will be a discussion. For more information, contact Joseph Grant at (718) 919-0740
4. Monday, May 12, from 2:00pm – 4:00pm, New York City Councilmember Laurie Cumbo and Medgar Evers College will hold a voter registration drive, at 1637 Bedford Avenue, student services building, 1st floor lobby. Open to students and the community. Please bring a valid form of identification.
5. On Monday, May 12, the office of Brooklyn Borough President Eric Adams, with NYC Public Advocate Letitia “Tish” James, Manhattan Borough President Gale A. Brewer and representatives from the Department of Consumer Affairs (DCA), will hold a Town Hall meeting for employers and employees surrounding the Paid Sick Leave Law. The event will take place at Borough Hall, 209 Joralemon St, from 6:00pm – 8:00pm.
6. The 77th Police Pct. Community Council will hold its monthly meeting this Monday, May 12, at the Wesleyan Methodist Church, 1024 Bergen St. (between Rogers and Nostrand), 7:30pm.
7. The 81st Police Pct. Community Council will hold its monthly meeting this Tuesday, May 13, at 794 Monroe Street, 7:00pm.
8. Community Board 2 representing the neighborhoods of Fort Green and Clinton (amongst others) in Brooklyn will hold its monthly community council meeting on Wednesday, May 14, at the YWCA, 30 Third Avenue, 6:00pm.
9. The New York City lien sale of all properties will take place this Friday, May 16. So the last day to make a payment or agreement with the city to avoid the lien sale is May 15!