I can never get it out, it is always there. Like a first-time parent, I constantly worry.
Did I forget to blog? Did I forget to post an event on Facebook? Is Facebook even relevant? Am I tweeting too much? The questions go on and on…
But why do we really fail? I hear mostly that it is our lack of marketing knowledge. Another truth? Every other person (and their mommas) thinks they know everything about marketing: social media is a waste of time, social media is the only way, print flyers, knock door-to-door, gorilla style marketing is the best way to get them in; print marketing, TV, SEO the list goes on.
Here is a list that I got, kept and updated from school that helps me help my own business:
- What need does my service or product meet in my business community?
- Will the people in my business community be interested in what I offer?
- What image do I want to have in the community?
- How can I create a message that achieves my business goals?
- Which approaches are best for delivering my message to the community and the consumers I want to attract?
- How do I determine a price for my product or service?
- What is the best method of delivery for what I am offering?
- Can my service or product provide a higher service to the community?
The views and opinions expressed in this article are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily reflect those of BK Reader.